Aspire Higher Leadership Development Program for Women
Established in 2011, a virtual six-months Women's Leadership Development Group Coaching Program that prepares female managers and directors to lead within organizations. Next cohort begins June 2023.
"Aspire Higher is a high impact, holistic, and cohesive learning experience dedicated to accelerating the development and succession of emerging female managers within organizations through female-peer connection, skills-based learning, and on-going coaching support. This leadership development program teaches the process of developing wisdom and power as a woman leader in career, business and life."
– Amy L. Robinson, Lead Coach and Facilitator
Founded in 2011, Aspire Higher is our signature online six-month professional women's leadership development program based on a peer-coaching model that blends skills-training classes and both individual and group sessions with a dynamic curriculum designed to build the necessary skills for further career and leadership development within organizations.
- PL Developments
- Prisma Health
- Establishment Labs
- South Carolina Student Loan
- MorseLife Health System
- Vidant Health
- Harvard University
- University of Virginia
- Collins Aerospace
- NSG Pilkington North America
- University of South Carolina School of Medicine
- MTF Biologics
- Baker Hughes
- Integrated Biometrics
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners
- Occidental Petroleum
- Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council
- British Petroleum (BP)
- University of Houston
- Mustang Energy
- Dow Chemical
- Southern First
- Central Bank of Houston
- PQ Corporation
- Genscape Inc.
- BrightView Landscape
Who is this program for and what are the benefits to participants and their organizations?
Female (she/her) Directors and Managers within organizations who want to grow their influence, power and contribution.
Benefits to Employee include:
- Manage up, down and sideways more influentially.
- Execute strategy in achieving goals.
- Improve performance in an existing role in order to position for further advancement.
- Sharpen capabilities for the next role.
- Boost visibility and influence.
- Harness the power of others to achieve needed results.
- Stop others from interrupting or borrowing your ideas by asserting comfortably.
- Negotiate for what you and your direct reports need.
- Develop authentic management and leadership skills.
- Experience a fuller and more satisfying work-life experience.
Benefits to Organization include:
- Ability to develop, attract and retain your top talent.
- Add to your succession planning.
- Offer high potentials a formal and proven professional development program.
- Participate in assessing participant's strengths and areas for growth through an anonymous 360˚ feedback survey.
- Provide input on participant's goals for the program.
- Receive a progress report at end of program.
The six-months curriculum
June and July
Skills-development: Become a Strategic Visionary within your organization known for producing results based on your natural strengths and areas for improvement.
In order to positively impact and influence others successfully, leaders have to know and work with other's perceptions of their strengths and weaknesses as it relates to their management and leadership style.
Our Leadership Development Program kicks-off with each participant undergoing a 360˚ Feedback Survey. These findings help shape your Action Plan for the six months while highlighting your natural strengths and opportunities for improvement when communicating, leading, decision making and problem solving.
Based on your 360˚ Feedback Survey results learn where you stand out and where you fall short in yielding influence and power when it comes to managing up, down and sideways. Find out who in your network is a resource for contributing to more personal power and influence.
These two month's curricula focus on how your current leadership style is working for you (strengths) and what specifically requires pivoting (areas for improvement).
August and September
Skills-development: special assignment
These two months are solely devoted to individual coaching with Amy, for 45 minutes each session, on achieving a specific topic of your choice and with your manager’s input.
Possible topics include:
- Becoming a Strategic Thinker and Visionary.
- Effective Delegating.
- Gaining visibility in your role.
- Enhancing your Emotional Intelligence to influence others moreimpactfully and authentically.
- Communication and Presentation Skills.
- Drawing and Defending your Boundaries at Work.
- Managing your direct reports through time management, delegation and feedback skills.
- Dealing Effectively with Difficult People.
- Managing Up/Down/Sideways: Leveraging your relationships at work through situational awareness.
- Aligning goal setting between your department and the Organization through strategic Planning and Project Management.
Skills-development: Communication through effective Asserting, Influencing and Negotiating
Learn how to effectively negotiate and ask others for what you want. Amy will teach you the necessary tools and strategies to grow your muscles of asking and negotiating effectively and authentically in order to "make the ask."
Learn tips on overcoming your hesitation in negotiating for yourself. Develop strategy and steps for the "Here's What I Want" conversations.
November- Graduation month
Skills-development: Learn what every leader needs to be more effective internally and outwardly through the four pillars of Emotional Intelligence
We'll wrap up our program with sharing our specific findings and targeted areas for forward-movement in the areas of managing and leading others through Kindness and Effectiveness utilizing the tool of Emotional Intelligence to build Personal Competence through self-awareness and self-management, and Social Competence awareness of others and the organization, and relationship management-managing others to have more positive influence and effectiveness. Work/life integration and resiliency are byproducts of building oneself in Emotional Intelligence. This month highlights the knowledge and insights leaders develop in their journey in order to lead others with both Head and Heart.
- Progress Report issued to participant’s manager.
- A follow-up coaching session between Amy and participant 90 days post graduation.
Program's Logistics - Virtual classrooms
The six-month consecutive program begins June and completes November 2023, and consists of skills-development training sessions and both group and individual coaching sessions.
2023 Dates and Times of Classes
Skills-development training sessions (Fridays):
Dates: 6/2, 7/14, 10/6, 11/3
Time: 1:30p.m. until 3:00p.m. EST
Group Coaching sessions (Fridays):
Dates: 6/16, 7/28, 10/20, 11/10
Time: 1:30p.m. until 3:00p.m. EST
Dates/Times for Individual Coaching sessions with Amy scheduled separately:
June, July, October, November: One 45 minutes session per month.
August and September: Biweekly 45 minutes sessions.
Pricing and Registration
Pricing for six-month program includes the pre-assignment, 360-degree assessment, four skills-training classes, four group coaching sessions, eight individual coaching sessions, one post-program individual coaching session, a Manager's Progress Report, and all handouts, workbooks, and Personal Development Plans.
The cost of the six-months program is $ 6,796.00 per participant.
A group discount of $ 195.00 from original price per each additional employee in same cohort.
Registration deadline is May 12, 2023.
Full payment due at registration and prior to program start.
To register, contact Amy directly at 832-419-0639, or email Amy@AmyLRobinson.com.
"Women Leaders plan their lives, are strongly motivated, and move along a forward path. They know what they want, they get things done, they're goal-oriented, and they're willing to take healthy, calculated risks to get where they want to be. Leaders know how to develop their personal power and abilities to be more effective. They have a clear vision, identified purpose, confidence, and while in the process of mastering core competencies that build on their strengths around their most cherished goals, they are also mastering how to compassionately apply self-care routinely in their lives."- Amy L Robinson