Organizations: R-WE Ready!
Let us help your employees engage and succeed in this new era of work by recommencing with the essential skills to navigate discomfort and change though our video series: "Readiness Workforce Essentials" or R-WE
At Robinson & Associates we believe COVID-19 and our nation's current state of affairs represents a new opportunity in improving employee engagement, performance, and retention for your organization.
World and national events are causing much disruption and discomfort in your employee’s work-lives. Your employees want to know their leadership is listening, cares and can offer empathy, support, and investment in managing these current times. In effect, they want connection, care, and direction from you right now.
“Readiness Workforce Essentials” or abbreviated R-WE video series introduces the necessary skills-building for recommencing at work.
How the Series work.
“Readiness Workforce Essentials” is a three part series (three videos in each series) and consists of three programs. We set ourselves apart from other webinars and video offerings. Our firm focuses on the ABCD’s of your employee's engagement:
In each video of the “Readiness Workforce Essentials” series,
- We highlight the most valuable learnings and take-aways via acute awareness of today’s employees needs in the new era of work and work environment.
- In a work world that is inundated with meetings and webinars that bite into actually doing the work, our videos are designed with brevity in time (no more than 45 minutes) and economy of language without sacrificing impact.
- Each series includes customization in the form of an introductory message from a company leader demonstrating a bonding, caring and supportive atmosphere that visibly emphasizes "We are all in this together."
- In a work environment saturated with meetings and live webinars employees are rushing to attend we pre-record our videos to be watched conveniently at any time. Recordings are even available for your new hires as part of orientation. Also unique in our videos delivery is the fact two seasoned coaches present resulting in a more fresh, multi-faceted, interactive learning environment.
Choose from one of the below R-WE series or all three.
We suggest all employees undergo this series first.
I. “Readiness Workforce Essentials For Employees” topics:
1. Stress Management: Shift your mindset from surviving to thriving
Experiencing high levels of stress does not have to be accepted as the new normal. This video session will help you expand your stress management toolkit by mastering three key strategies for identifying and managing stress triggers.
2. Embracing Change as an Opportunity to Succeed
Although changes can be frightening and disruptive, with the right mindset and skillset, you can embrace change as an opportunity to succeed. This video session will share techniques to shift your mindset to view change as an opportunity as well as provide you with essential skills to ensure that you not only survive, but thrive in your new work environment.
3. Resiliency: Reframing perspective in a New Normal
A crisis is also an opportunity to build resilience. If you successfully implement the tactics we offer in this video, you will not only find that they will help you adapt to the challenges that come with changes in your work environment, but you can also emerge stronger and more resilient to stress and changes that continue to come up in work and life.
Then, provide your managers and supervisors with the necessary fundamentals to lead and manage others during this new era of work by offering,
II. “Readiness Workforce Essentials For Managers and Supervisors” topics:
1. How to Lead your Team in Uncertain and Uncomfortable Times
It is one thing to lead your team in the day-to-day business of doing business, it is another thing to be able to lead your team during a time of unprecedented crises. Learn the four essential factors that highly effective leaders use in guiding their teams through change and transition.
2. Effective Communication during Transition
Now is not the time to keep quiet. Change is a time when leaders need to communicate more than any other time. Leaders need to know how to use communication as a change strategy. This video session will address 10 key strategies to help leaders communicate through transition and change.
3. Strategic Time Management
Time management is a strategy. Failure to manage time effectively decreases productivity and increases stress. In this video session, leaders will learn how to get more done by prioritizing their work and managing their energy.
III. Readiness Workforce Inclusion topics:
SHRM defines inclusion as “the achievement of a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute fully to the organization's success. This video series will address the three pillars to building an inclusive workplace.
1. Senior Leaders
The company’s vision, mission, values, and driving principles, along with the behaviors demonstrated by senior leaders, create an alignment that promotes a workforce to proactively engage in inclusive practices. In this video session, leaders will be guided on how to develop an organizationally wide culture of diversity and inclusion.
2. Frontline Supervisors
For a strategy of cultural diversity and inclusion to work, supervisors need to be equipped with the mindset, knowledge, and confidence to create an open environment of trust and respect. This session will address the challenges a supervisor might face and the strategies to overcome those challenges.
3. General Workforce
When employees, who are different from their colleagues, want to contribute, they sometimes face barriers. Those barriers can be real or perceived. This session will open the minds of the employees so they can recognize when and how their biases, filters, and assumptions get in the way of giving and receiving diverse thoughts and new ideas, as well as appreciating other cultural differences.
Each series includes
- Intake interview with leadership to create and customize introductory message
- Inclusion of your employees most pressing questions
- Three (3) 45-minute videos filled with content designed to educate, inspire and transform
- Dynamic discussion and delivery by two seasoned leadership coaches
- Pre recorded videos can be viewed anytime - we handle recording and share for your intranet
- Follow up intake and recommendations on next steps
Contact Amy directly at 832-419-0639 or Amy@AmyLRobinson.com .